Seven Weeks Towards Wisdom:
A Omer Program of Spiritual and Ethical Growth
The seven-week period between Passover and Shavuot, known as the Omer, traditionally is a time dedicated to cultivating inner renewal through nurturing and growing our middot, innate spiritual and ethical qualities such as compassion (chesed), strength (gevurah), humility (anavah), passion/action (zerizut), gratitude (hodayah), connection with self/others/God (kesher) and mindful speech (sh’mirat halashon).
This program offers a new opportunity for applying Jewish mindfulness practice to the inner work of cultivating the middot associated with this 49-day period of spiritual and ethical maturation.
Taught by Rabbi Marc Margolius, with guest appearances by Rabbis Nancy Flam, Sam Feinsmith, Lisa Goldstein and Jonathan Slater.
This month-long online intensive includes:
- A weekly guided meditation session on the middah of the week each Wednesday
- A weekly half-hour video teaching laying out the practice focus for the week
- A weekly foundational Jewish text on the middah of the week, with guided practice
- A daily email practice reminder and kavanah (intention) for the day.
- An opportunity to join in an online discussion with other participants
There is also an opportunity to participate in a weekly processing group, in additional to the month-long online intensive listed above. Joining a processing group (limited to 20 participants each), includes:
- check in about the practice with other participants
- connect to others in the group.
- receive personal guidance in real time.
This option is limited, and will no longer be available once capacity has been reached.
Online guided Omer practice: $125
Online guided Omer practice, PLUS Optional Weekly Processing Group (with instructor): $180
Processing Group Schedule:
Thursdays from 2 – 3pm ET
April 25; May 2, 9, 16, 23, 30; and June 6
Weekly Live Practice:
Wednesdays from 12:30 – 1:15pm ET
a special teaching series of the Institute for Jewish Spirituality’s regular weekly meditation program.