Elul Online Meditation Intensive:
(Re)Turning Through Love and Awe
Sunday, August 12- Sunday Sept. 9, 2018
Open to all!
“Awake O sleeper, from your sleep; O slumberers, arouse yourselves from your slumbers; examine your deeds, return in teshuvah, and remember your Creator. Be not of those who forget reality in the pursuit of shadows, and go astray the whole year in vanity and emptiness which neither profit nor save, look to your souls; improve your ways and works.”
– Maimonides, Hilchot Teshuva 3:4
Elul, the month before Rosh Hashana is an auspicious time to wake up and shine a light of loving, honest awareness on our lives for the sake of growing as human beings. Join the Institute for Jewish Spirituality for a new opportunity to help you deepen your Jewish mindfulness meditation practice in the spirit of the season of Elul.
Taught by Institute for Jewish Spirituality faculty, Rabbi Jordan Bendat-Appell, Nancy Flam, and Jonathan Slater.
Featuring an Elul practice webinar with Rabbi Dorothy Richman of Makor Or on August 30 at 1:30PM ET
(this webinar will be recorded and shared for all who cannot attend)
This month-long online intensive includes:
- Half-hour video teaching each week laying out to practice focus for the week
- Access to 5x/week online meditation sessions with brief introductory teaching related to the week’s theme
- Daily email practice reminders
There is also an opportunity to participate in a weekly processing group, in additional to the month-long online intensive listed above. Joining a processing group (limited to 20 participants each), includes:
- A weekly processing online video call with the teacher (times listed below).
- Opportunity for participants to check in about the practice.
- Opportunity for participants to connect to others in the group.
- Opportunity for participants to receive personal guidance in real time.
This option is limited, and will no longer be available once capacity has been reached.
Monthly Elul Intensive Program: $100
Monthly Elul Intensive Program, PLUS Weekly Processing Group (with instructor): $150
Wednesdays (August 15, August 22, August 29, and September 5) from 8:30-9:30pm ET
Thursdays (August 16, 23, 30, and September 6) from 3:00-4:00pm ET
Daily Practice Opportunities:
Mondays (August 13, 20, 27, September 3): 2:00-2:45pmpm ET
Tuesdays (August 14, 21, 28, September 4): 10:00-10:45am ET
Wednesdays (August 15, 22, 29, September 5): 12:30-1:15pm ET
(coincides with ongoing IJS weekly meditation)
Thursdays (August 16, 23, 30, September 6): 8:00-8:45pm ET
Fridays (August 17, 24, 31, September 7): 11:00-11:45am ET